We believe that doing business with your besties makes business even better. That’s why we’ve built our community with referrals in mind. By participating in our Member Referral Program, Affiliate Referral Program, Influencer Program, or any other program we may make available from time to time, you can refer your friends to Collective’s services and earn rewards.
Collective may modify these Terms or the Referral Program (including commission and discount amounts) at any time, in its sole discretion, without prior notice to you. Your continued participation in the Referral Program following any such modifications constitutes your acceptance of these modified Terms.
Please read these Terms carefully before applying to or participating in our Referral Program. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not participate in the Referral Program.
Representations and Warranties
By registering for our Referral Program, you represent and warrant that:
- You are an individual (not a company) who is at least 18 years of age and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- You have the necessary power and authority to perform your obligations under these Terms.
- You have not been previously disqualified by Collective from participating in the Referral Program.
- You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to the Referral Program.
- You will maintain a valid and active Paypal account to receive commissions.
If any of the above conditions are not met, Collective is not obligated to pay commissions that may otherwise be earned.
- “Affiliate” means an individual who is not a Collective Member but has submitted an application at refer.collective.com and has been accepted into the Affiliate Program. The Affiliate Program enables eligible Affiliates to earn a commission for referring new members to Collective Services.
- “Collective Member” means an active member subscribed to Collective Services, who has made at least an initial monthly payment or annual payment, and is not currently delinquent on payment of service fees to Collective.
- “Collective Member Referral Program” is defined as the program that enables Collective Members to earn commissions from Collective for new member referrals.
- “Collective Services” means the services offered by Collective as described at https://www.collective.com/.
- “Converted Member” means an Eligible Prospect who (i) used Participant’s Promo Code during the checkout process, or (ii) scheduled a call with Collective by clicking on Participant’s Share Link, and subsequently completed the purchase of Collective Services within 30 days of their call, while the Program is still in effect.
- “Eligible Prospect” is an individual who (i) is not or has not been a Collective Member, (ii) has not previously completed a call with a Collective representative, and (iii) meets Collective’s qualification criteria to become a Collective Member
- “Participant” is an individual who has registered and been accepted into the Referral Program by Collective, and provided with a Share Link and Promo Code.
- “Promo Code” is the unique alphanumeric sequence assigned to Participant and used by Eligible Prospects to receive a discount off Collective’s member fees and earn Participant a commission.
- “Share Link” is the unique URL assigned to Participant that directs prospects to the Collective Tax Calculator, which, when submitted, will credit Participant for referring an Eligible Prospect.
Referral Program Overview
By agreeing to these Terms and any other applicable agreement between the Participant and Collective, the Participant can promote Collective Services to third parties and earn a commission from Collective for each Eligible Prospect who becomes a Collective Member (also known as a “Converted Member”).
It’s important to note that any agreement with an Eligible Prospect is subject to acceptance by Collective, which may be withheld or denied at its sole discretion. Collective is not obliged to do business with any Eligible Prospect as a result of a Participant referral.
Subject to these Terms, Collective grants the Participant a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to promote and market Collective Services, and use its materials such as marketing materials, case studies, and technology documentation to assist in such activities. The use of Collective’s trademarks is also allowed solely for promotion under the Referral Program, but all rights are reserved by Collective with no implied rights.
All referral activities must follow the Program Rules outlined in these Terms and be carried out in good faith to reflect positively on Collective’s goodwill. The Participant agrees not to engage or participate in any activity or course of action that could damage or tarnish the image or reputation of Collective and its trademarks.
Participant Account Registration & Acceptance
Registration and acceptance into Collective’s Referral Program is required for any individual who wishes to receive commissions for member referrals. Collective will review each application to determine whether the individual is eligible to become a Participant. A notice of acceptance into our Referral Program will be sent to the registered email.
If Participant is an existing Collective Member, Participant has been automatically enrolled in the Referral Program. Existing Collective Members may access their account at refer.collective.com/login and follow the instructions within the Referral Program Welcome Email sent to the Member’s email address
By registering for our Referral Program, you acknowledge and agree that your information will be shared with the referral platform provider, GetAmbassador, for the purpose of administering the Referral Program.
Any individual who refers a client to Collective without first being duly registered and accepted into the Referral Program shall not be eligible to receive any commissions from Collective.
Participant shall be deemed an independent contractor under these Terms. Neither acceptance into the Referral Program nor any other provisions contained in these Terms intends to create nor shall constitute either Collective or Participant as the employer, employee, agent, or representative of the other party, or as joint venturers or business partners, for any purpose.
Participant must maintain a valid PayPal account to which the commission can be paid and provide the email address associated with the PayPal account by logging into refer.collective.com/login/. If a Participant’s contact or other account information changes, Participant must notify Collective promptly and keep such information current.
Participant is solely responsible for the security of their Referral Program account and must promptly report any suspected unauthorized use, email or password breach, or Paypal account breach to Collective. Collective is not responsible for any lost commission payments resulting from a failure to secure and monitor the Referral Program account.
Custom Share Link & Promo Code
As a Referral Program Participant, you’ll receive a custom Share Link and a unique Promo Code. You’ll earn a commission for each Converted Member who purchases Collective Services using your Share Link or Promo Code; and the Converted Member may also receive a discount at checkout.
If a Participant uses their own Share Link or Promo Code to sign themself up for Collective Services, they are not eligible to receive both a commission and a discount. Collective reserves the right to recoup either the commission or reverse the discount in such cases.
Eligibility & Payment of Commissions
To be eligible for a commission payment, the following conditions must be met:
- An Eligible Prospect must use Participant’s Share Link to schedule a call with Collective and subsequently purchase Collective Services; or use the Participant’s Promo Code at checkout.
- Payment from the Converted Member must be successfully processed.
- The Converted Member must not cancel or terminate Collective Services within 30 days of initial purchase.
If any of these conditions are not met, Collective may decline or recoup payment of commissions.
Amount of commission earned per referral varies based on the program Participant is enrolled in. Your commission amount may be found on your dashboard by logging into the Referral Platform at refer.collective.com/login.
All commissions will be paid via PayPal in USD within 30-40 business days after being earned. Participant may track referrals and earned commissions by logging into the Referral Platform at refer.collective.com/login.
Privacy of Personal Information
Participant understands that the personal information (name, email, and date of referral) of Eligible Prospects or Converted Members may be visible to them in their referral account for the sole purpose of tracking a referral status. Participant agrees to maintain the privacy of such information and not to use or disclose it for any purposes without obtaining the necessary consent from the Eligible Prospect or Converted Member.
Termination from Program & Forfeiture of Commissions
Collective reserves the right to suspend or terminate participation in the Referral Program for material breach of these Terms. Upon termination, all rights and licenses granted to Participant will end.
Any commissions owed to a terminated Participant will be honored if payment was successfully processed for a Converted Member within 15 days of Participant’s termination; except in the event the commission was earned in violation of these Terms, which would result in the forfeiture of such commission.
In the event Collective has issued a commission payment for a referral that is subsequently deemed ineligible, whether due to violation of these Terms, Collective’s error, or by any misrepresentation by the Converted Member, Collective reserves the right to seek return of such payment or deduct the amount from any balance owed to Participant.
Program Rules & Restrictions
Advertising Requirements & Restrictions
Participant’s must comply with the following program rules. Failure to do so may result in suspension or termination from the Referral Program, and possible forfeiture of earned commissions, which will be determined in Collective’s sole discretion.
- Use of Share Link and Promo Code: Use Share Link and Promo Code solely for promoting Collective Services on authorized platforms. Permitted activities include placing the Share Link or Promo Code on your website, emails, blogs, social networks, advertising, or similar campaigns from an account or platform that is registered in your name or which you are authorized to use.
- CAN-SPAM Compliance: Comply with CAN-SPAM, avoid sending unsolicited emails or illegal advertising methods to promote the Collective services.
- Advertising Claims: Make only factual statements about Collective Services, avoid misleading or deceptive advertising claims; follow all relevant laws regarding advertising claims.
- Third Party Platform Terms: Adhere to terms and conditions of search engines, social media platforms, and other third-party platforms.
- Branding & Trademarks: Collective logos and other trademarks should not be materially altered for placement in ads, videos, and online content. Collective may request removal of any content which Collective believes to be inconsistent with our brand or image. All goodwill arising out of any use of any Collective trademarks will inure solely to the benefit of Collective.
- Endorsements and Testimonials: Comply with Federal Trade Commission’s Endorsement and Testimonial guidelines, and disclose material connection to Collective clearly, making it clear that you will receive a commission for referred members.
Other Prohibited Conduct
Engaging in the following conduct may result in immediate removal from the Referral Program and forfeiture of earned or paid commissions:
- Clickjacking, linkjacking, typosquatting or any sort of domain spoofing methods.
- Pixel or cookie stuffing without visitor knowledge and consent.
- Using traffic generated by Google PPC (pay per click) and search ads.
- Posting Share Link or Promo Code to Collective’s social media accounts.
- Impersonating Collective or creating misleading profiles/ads resembling official content.
- Making deceptive or misleading claims about the products or services of Collective and our competitors; or claims not backed by evidence.
- Running social media ads, paid search and Google display ads regarding Collective’s services without prior approval.
- Using search terms ‘Collective promo code’, ‘Collective discount code’,‘Collective coupon code’, ‘Collective tax reviews’, and ‘Collective s corp review’ or similar terms deemed unfit in the title, URL, and meta description of website pages, without prior approval.
- Making disparaging remarks, engaging in, or promoting offensive content.
- Engaging in any communication that is defamatory or infringes upon the intellectual property rights of others.
Collective may address noncompliant content by requesting modifications, withholding payment, or terminating participation in the Referral Program for a material breach.
Participant acknowledges that all products, services, marks, documentation and information related to Collective Services, including all associated intellectual property rights and data collected through promotional activities, are the exclusive property of Collective. No ownership or title of such proprietary information is transferred to Participant, who agrees not to take any action that conflicts with Collective’s ownership or assist any third party in doing so.
Limitation of Liability
Collective shall not be liable to Participant or any third party for any damages, losses, costs, or expenses from the Referral Program, whether based on contract, tort, or any other liability theory. These limitations are an essential part of the Referral Program Terms.
Other Legal Terms
The Referral Program and performance of the Terms hereunder will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Participant agrees that any dispute or claim relating in any way or arising out of these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) Participant may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify; and (2) Participant or Collective may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights. Please see Member Terms and Conditions for full Arbitration clause. The Terms of the Referral Program may not be modified except by written agreement executed by Collective.