THE COLLECTIVE BILL CASPARE MEMORIAL FUND DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
The Collective Bill Caspare Memorial Fund Scholarship was established in 2015 by Collective LLC, through the O’Toole Media Awards, to support diversity in the New Media and Data Science disciplines within advertising and media.
The Fund was created in memory of former Senior Executive of Collective, Bill Caspare. Bill was a true industry innovator with over 15 years in new media/digital advertising. He was both a founding member and provided the strategic vision behind several successful digital ventures including db Ad Strategies, The Fifth Network, Oggifinoggi, and Vidible (which was acquired by AOL in 2014). In his time at Collective, he was a trusted advisor and mentor influencing and working to shape various aspects of Collective’s digital approach. Bill’s contributions to the industry as a whole will be seen in the waves of new media to come.
This year, a talented, diverse student will be awarded $10,000 based on outstanding talent.
Students are eligible to apply and be considered for The Collective Bill Caspare Memorial Fund Scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Are African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, Native American, Multiracial or LGBTQ
- Are a full-time student
- Be a rising undergraduate junior or senior or a fully enrolled graduate student at the time of application
- A GPA of 3.25 or above
- Interest in pursuing a career in New Media/Digital Advertising and/or Data Science
Please use the following checklist to prepare your application packet:
- Application form. Download application here
- Personal Statement 1: Why should you be granted the scholarship? (limited to 1 page/500 words)
- Personal Statement 2: Why are you pursuing a career in New Media and/or Data Science field? (limited to 1 page/500 words)
- Current résumé (limited to 1 page)
- Three (3) educational and/or professional references (limited to 1 page each)
- Most recent official transcript
- Three (3) examples of work (either school and/or outside project work)
- Examples would be: written work, portfolio work or creative work
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
- Completed application packets should be emailed to CBCscholarship@collective.com.
- Application and other required documents should be attached to your submission email
- Please include your name and school in the email “subject” line of your submission email
- Should include a naming structure for documents
- i.e. (Last_First_Assignment_Caspare)
Applications must be submitted by 11:59PM EDT on Friday July 14, 2017.Apply Now
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at CBCscholarship@collective.com.